Getting Divorced: Where Do You Start
If you are contemplating divorce or perhaps you know that your spouse is, it is important to take the necessary steps to ensure that you are protecting your rights and interests. In Virginia, getting divorced requires the parties to address every aspect of their marriage including their property, their children, and financial support. Having a knowledgeable divorce lawyer to guide you will ensure that you are well-equipped and prepared for the divorce even before the process begins. Based in Fairfax, the Law Office of Afsana Chowdhury, PLC, will provide reliable, effective legal representation for your divorce. Here are a few tips to get you started:
Why Choose Us
- Our practice is exclusively dedicated to divorce and family law matters.
- Our experience, insight, and expertise in handling divorce cases gives our clients an advantage in securing their financial future.
- Our passion and commitment towards each case solidifies our clients’ chances of achieving the best possible result.
- We offer flat fee pricing which clients prefer over the traditional hourly billing method employed by other law firms because flat fees offer value, peace of mind, and certainty.
- Our fees are “capped” at what is stated in the contract, which means the client will not incur additional charges or receive any surprise bills from us.
- We understand that many people are afraid that divorce will be an expensive, time-consuming ordeal. Our firm helps to minimize costs and the length of time the process takes by coming up with no-court solutions when appropriate.
- Our use of technology and the latest legal software allows us to offer efficiency and accuracy in every step of the process.
- We empower the client by educating them and giving them 24/7 access to their case file through our secure client portal.
- We are highly responsive to our clients, making sure to keep them updated on the status of their case and being available to answer any questions they may have.
What to do Next
If you are contemplating divorce or need more information about your rights, take charge of your future by consulting with an attorney as early as possible. The longer you wait, the more contentious your divorce is likely to get, and the more issues you will be facing in the divorce that need resolution, all of which will end up increasing the price of your divorce. Start by reviewing your individual and marital assets and liabilities and contact us as soon as possible for a full analysis and case evaluation.